All the latest from our local Police team - March 2019

March 09 2019
All the latest from our local Police team - March 2019

Anti-Social Behaviour is any activity which causes distress to others and affects their quality of life.

Welcome to your local neighbourhood policing team:
Lockleaze: PC Rick Woodland, PCSO Charlotte Thompson, PC Sam Hewitt
Horfield: PC Jo Archer, PC Dudley Rowe &  PCSO Tristan Fussell
Contact: or call 101

We will often work with councils, housing providers and other agencies, which have different powers to deal with different problems. This is where
noise issues fall. If you are experiencing issues around noise, your first port of call would be with their housing provider. Their tenancy agreement will include conditions
around noise that they will have to adhere to. If they are not adhering to these conditions as outlined in their tenancy agreement then their landlord will send a
warning notice.

You can also report noise issues direct to Bristol City Council, please have a look at their website and there is also a new noise app that you can download.
If you are experiencing a one-off eg. A loud party next door, police can get involved and ask them to turn it down and in extreme circumstances we do have the power to
confiscate equipment. This might be a rave for example. Local housing providers will also ask you to keep a diary and if this behaviour continues, they can then liaise with
the police to work together in getting the right outcome for all concerned. The first question that any agency will ask is, “have you talked to the person responsible”? Go on, give it a go.

A couple of cannabis grows have been located in Horfield / Lockleaze area. This is all down to you, the public. You may think we don’t listen, but we do! It takes time to
build a picture and we will act on any information you give us. These plants were seized and taken off the streets. Don’t forget, you can always report any suspicious
activity to CrimeStoppers.

We have seen an increase recently in calls reporting motor cycles riding around dangerously and with no helmets on. This is a challenge to enforce and if only we
were in the right place at the right time. The most helpful way you can work with us to reduce the problem is to report incidents on the non-emergency number, 101, or
via our website. We can then build a pattern of what time it is happening and,ultimately, aim to “surprise” the offenders. Again, it is very difficult in policing this due to many factors which include the policing priorities for that day and the demand which we cannot plan for. Also, our Force Manager will consider all factors as in location, time of day, members of the public around, traffic conditions and this will have an impact on whether or not our Force Manager will give the go ahead for a pursuit. Please do not think that we are not doing anything if a pursuit does not happen. Decisions are not made lightly.

You can help us by videoing or taking photos of these offenders BUT please do not put yourself in any danger at any time. We may recognise the culprits and then can
issue, what we call a Section 59 on the bike and the rider. If they then go onto get another Section 59, the bike can be seized and destroyed.

I still have a few key safes left if you would like one. Please let me know.

If there is anything that you would like me to cover please get in contact.

Until next month PCSO Charlotte